Sunday, January 10, 2010

Individual Chicken Potpies

Everyday Food, October 2009, Issue 66, page 98
Second go of making this recipe. First time I doubled it, this time I am making it as is except for dividing it down into 8 smaller dishes. I’m frustrated that I’m not finding 10 or 12oz. baking dishes used for 4 servings. They’re on-line, but not so easily found in stores.
Today I used 6 oz. ramekins and am serving a veggie filled green salad before the pot pies; mixed spring greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, pea shoots, carrot shavings, and Italian dressing. I hope my guests don’t leave hungry!
To add a little extra special something to the pot pies I’m going to sprinkle the filling with shredded mozzarella cheese before I cover them with the puff pastry squares. Should be a little added decadence….
Finished Product:
They came out wonderfully! Its an easy recipe, but they are just so fabulous looking! I will certainly make them again. This size worked out well, and would be especially well as a light lunch (which I will enjoy this week) or as part of a multi-course meal.

No comments: