Sunday, February 28, 2010

Carrot & Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting -- Thanks to Ina Garten

Along with yesterday's Fresh Direct delivery came a free Peak Produce item --- a pineapple!
I'm not much for eating pineapple cut up and am really not a fan of pineapple juice, so I figured I should bake it into a dessert for my dinner guests tonight and tomorrow. I wasn't keen on the idea of a pineapple upside-down cake so I searched for desserts with pineapple on the Food Network website. I discovered a wonderful recipe for Ina Garten's Carrot and Pineapple Cake. The recipe seemed easy enough and the photo of the finished cake looked elegant and mouth-watering, so I deemed this to be an excellent use of my peak produce! I went to the store to get the additional ingredients I needed as well as cake pans (it is a true crime I do not have layer cake pans of my own-- hi mom!). There were no 8" round cake pans, as the recipe called for, so I opted for 8" x 8" square pans which worked out great and make for a fun shape.
The cake came out lusciously moist and also crunchy, these textures with that of the silken cream cheese frosting made for a surprisingly welcome dessert.
Josh with the cake we enjoyed after our dinner of Chicken Pot Pies-- his favorite!

1 comment:

Corporate events said...

 I love reading your posts. You know, a lot of people are hunting around for this great information; you could help them greatly by your post