Monday, December 12, 2011

On the First day of Christmas... *The* Kitchen Appliance

For the first day of Christmas I want to talk about the kitchen appliance. The one that makes a kitchen feel more complete, more whole, more invincible: The KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

It seems like I've wanted a KitchenAid Mixer of my very own for as long as I can remember. Sometime while I was living with my parents my mother replaced her old Oster mixer after a few parts had started breaking (after years and years of being well worn in her kitchen) with a grey KitchenAid stand mixer. It seemed like everyone was excited about it, but especially my mother and I. I used it every chance I got. I made cookies and cakes and when she got some attachments I used it to speed up mundane tasks like grating cheese for macaroni and cheese. Many people get a KitchenAid when they get engaged or married. A friend who was recently married in November remarked to me that she's so happy when she looks at her KitchenAid on the counter because its symbolizes her new life as a married lady. Odds are I won't get one until I myself marry (which seems like light years from now), but maybe Santa is a reader of The Culinary Librarian and I will find one under the tree this year. If you are looking for a super special gift for someone who is in the kitchen all the time, especially a baker and especially if they currently use a hand mixer for all their mixing needs (or an egg beater!) this would be a great option for them. 

My desire for a KitchenAid mixer increased exponentially when the new Raspberry Ice products were released. Pink is my favorite color, and this bright punchy shade is one of my preferred hues. Hopefully when a KitchenAid comes into my life, it will be in this gorgeous color! 

Photo courtesy of KitchenAid USA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa and Mrs. Claus sent an e-mail with their regrets for not leaving this under your tree this year!